Monday, February 21, 2011

Chicken, Risoni and Lemon Soup

Best ever Donna Hay soup, found by Karen Harcombe and once brought to our house straight from the stove. Thanks again Karen!

1 tbs oil
1 brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
4 chicken thigh
1 litre chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup risoni
1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
Finely grated Parmesan and lemon zest to serve

Steps:
Heat oil in saucepan over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken, chicken stock, water and cook for 20 minutes. Remove chicken, shred and set aside.
Add risoni to pan and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Add chicken with lemon rind, lemon juice and parsley.

Sprinkle with Parmesan and lemon zest to serve.

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this soup.....it is fantastic and the whole family & all our friends love it too. Thanks for a great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup is to die for! It freezes perfectly well (the risoni does swell up, but that only makes it more filling). The integrity of the lemon flavour even remains after freezing - just put some more parmesan on top and yummo! This has probably taken over as my most favourite chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a no fail recipe and so easy. It is always yummy and wasn't sure if it was suitable to freeze but thanks for the above info that it is. I've been making this for a few years now and it is consistently good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that when I search for this recipe, your blog pops up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left a review on this blog 3 years ago & still love this recipe. My daughter is living down in the snow at the moment & not feeling well & just rang to ask me to make "that yummy chicken & lemony soup stuff" for her friends to take down to her this weekend. I just googled to see if it can be frozen and up came this blog again. Now I have my answer, I can make it tonight & freeze for her friends to take down on Friday. Thanks again Sally :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Caz. I had forgotten about it.. will need to make it soon

    ReplyDelete